2008年12月24日 星期三

Fast food + nearby schools = fat kids

Youth who study just a short walk from a fast-food outlet eat fewer fruit and vegetables, drink more soda and are more likely to be obese than students at other schools, according to research published Tuesday.
It is not surprising to see the news. Nowadays there are a variety of sorts of food we can choose. Definitely most people are inclined to choose delicious food and forget to estimate how many servings of vegetable and fruit they eat. I am one of those people. Compared with vegetable, I would like to have fast food or other deep frying food, just like most youths. Fast food really doesn’t have any nutrition. In addition, it caused obesity. It is impossible that fast food disappear, though. The only solution is to control ourselves.
There is also a fast-food restaurant near my home. Whenever I passed it, the smell always make me hungry. But I told myself that I can’t go in. I have to control myself not to go often. I don’t have to force ourselves not to eat it forever. That was too difficult. But we can go there once few months. Then that would be easy to reach.
There is much fast food or other things we can’t eat often. And if we don’t know how to control ourselves, the only consequence is fatness, just like the news topic.

沒有留言: